ICYMI: '60s Radical L.A. Political Icon Tom Hayden Dies At 76
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Tom Hayden, one of L.A.'s most notable leftist political icons, passed away last night in Santa Monica. He was 76 years old.
- In controversial news that will likely come as a surprise to nobody, The New Yorker has chosen to endorse Hillary Clinton. Surprise, surprise.
- Look. Donald Trump never really wanted to be President. His entire campaign has just been a giant scheme to promote his brand. For more, click here to learn more about TrumpTV, the Donald's new Facebook Live brand coming to a social media platform near you very soon.
- My Figueroa officially kicked off construction today! If you want to learn more about Los Angeles' first really cool protected "cycle-track" that lets people ride their bikes from downtown to USC, without even worrying about cars, click here!
- Actress Shailene Woodley was arrested a couple of weeks ago in North Dakota for protesting the construction of a new oil pipeline. Now she's in L.A., protesting that same pipeline with face paint!
- If you didn't know, President Hillary Clinton was actually born in Chicago. For this reason, she is a Cubs fan, and very happy that they beat the Dodgers a couple days ago to advance to the World Series.
And now, here's a raccoon embracing active transportation: