The Most Decadent Meat Doughnut Is Being Served On Ventura Boulevard
Can either Kobe beef or doughnuts be improved upon? Probably not. Those things are fine on a plate all on their own! But there is a strong desire to mash beautiful foods together to create frankenfoods that look cool on your Instagram, and that is how the Kobe Beef Filled Chili Donut came to be (probably).
The sweet & savory meat-doughnut is being served up at Boneyard Bistro on Ventura Blvd, where it was created by chef/owner Aaron Robins, who is known for his "eclectic bistro fare" and putting modern twists on childhood favorites. (He's also got “Bacon Building Blocks,” and fried mac n’ cheese on the menu.)
We requested a photo showing the inside of this beast—which will cost you $12—but it never came. What are you hiding, meat doughtnut?
Let's turn to Yelp—which can be counted on for honesty like 80% of the time?—for some reviews.
- "Inspired... They practically melt in your mouth." — Nicole Harmony C.
- "...to die for..." — Jon M.
- "Amazing...tasted even better than they sounded" — Chris T.
- "Just okay" — Frank M.
- "Amazeballs!!" — J H. [As you can tell from the outdated lingo, these things have been on the menu for a few years]
- "Passed out from vertigo" — Shaimoom N.
Boneyard Bistro is located at 13539 Ventura Blvd. in Sherman Oaks