ICYMI: Mercedes' Self-Driving Cars Will Be Programmed To Kill Pedestrians
Oh, you call it Malibu? Locals just call it "The 'Bu" (Photo by Michael Flores via the LAist Pool of Photos on Flickr)
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The Mirthmobile from Wayne's World is up for sale. Excellent.
- Speaking of cars, Mercedes will program their self-driving cars to sacrifice pedestrians to save its driver.
- So it turns out that despite having the worst traffic in America, L.A. also happens to be a leader in transportation technology. I mean, we have SpaceX. Can other places even compare?
- A baseball fan who made a (bad) bet now has to eat everything on the menu at Dodger Stadium's concession stands. Good luck, man.
- Downtown L.A.'s bike share is going well, but not as well as bike share in other cities, the Los Angeles Times reports.
- The Central Valley's Highway 99 has been rated the deadliest in the nation.
- Area Codes 213 and 323 are technically merging. Not that it matters that much anymore. Does anyone remember dialing just seven-digit phone numbers anymore?
- Despite being written in 2011, this Politico piece detailing Mike Pence's one-man crusade against Planned Parenthood couldn't be more relevant. Sidenot: Please, please don't write in "Mike Pence."
And here's a stellar window to the past! Take an animated tour of Hollywood circa 1942: