Photos: Grand Central Market Launches Later Hours & New Dishes For Summer
Grand Central Market is welcoming summer with later hours and a number of special menu items and night-time programming. There's no need to rush downtown to the Market before sunset for the next couple of months; in fact, it sounds like a great nighttime destination of its own.
Throughout the summer, Grand Central Market will now remain open until 10 p.m., and will feature daily and weekly specials, including:
- Happy Hour from 6 to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Tuesday Trivia at 8 p.m.
- Outdoor film screenings on Horse Thief BBQ's patio on Thursdays at 8 p.m. The schedule includes:
June 8, Dazed and Confused
June 15, Slacker
June 22, Bottle Rocket
June 29, The Last Picture Show
July 6, El Mariachi
July 13, Urban Cowboy
- Drag Queen Bingo: Live! on the first and third Thursdays of the month at 8 p.m., starting June 16.
- DJs on Fridays from 7:30—9:30 p.m.
- Live music curated by promoter Gia Hughes on Saturdays, from 8—8:45 p.m., and 9—9:45 p.m.
- Sundays from 7:30—9:30 p.m. will features jazz, Latin, roots and World Music performances.
- Free shuttles from GCM to a variety of downtown locations, including Staples Center, Disney Hall, the Music Center, Orpheum Theatre, and Theatre at Ace Hotel.
A variety of the market's eateries will offer a special night-time menu. Look for specials from Horse Thief BBQ, Knead & Co. Pasta Bar, Madcapra and The Oyster Gourmet.
Some of our favorite Market offerings include the refreshing Lavender Lemonade slush from Press Brothers Juicery; the BBQ chicken from Thai restaurant Sticky Rice, pork dishes from Belcampo Meat Co and Valerie Confections Bakery & Cafe and you can never go wrong with a scoop from McConnell's.