Extra, Extra: 'Hoverboard' Goes Out In A Blaze Of Glory On K-Town Street
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- A "hoverboard" went out in a blaze of glory on a Koreatown street when L.A. firefighters had to extinguish it. Firefighters said it was "pretty impressive."
- "Affluenza" teen Ethan Couch got caught by authorities in Mexico with the help of a call to Domino's. #PizzaJustice
- The famed Aadlen Brothers Auto Wrecking and U-Pick Parts junkyard, which was used for several Hollywood movies and TV sets, is closing for good on New Year's Eve. LA Observed paid a visit and found that a lot of the 26-acre lot has already been cleared out.
- Trekkie fans may have raised over $1 million to make a Star Trek fan film, but CBS and Paramount aren't too happy about it. They slapped the producers with a copy infringement lawsuit.
- A conspiracy theorist has an idea or two as to why Chipotle has had such a tough year with norovirus and E. coli outbreaks. Psst...it's because of "food terrorists."
- Long Beach just got its very own FlyAway bus stop to LAX today. And it's pretty cheap right now at just $7 for a 22-mile ride.
- We give the man who posted a Facebook photo of a dog with a slice of ham on its face an A+ in trolling.
- And finally, let Top Chef season 6 winner Michael Voltaggio and rapper Vince Staples teach you how to saber open a champagne bottle with a butter knife. Kids, don't try this at home: