Extra, Extra: Don't Even Try Flying Your Drones Over The Rose Parade
Los Angeles Brewery (Photo by [DV8] David Patrick Valera via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr)
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- No, this isn't part of the plot of a new National Treasure movie. Nicolas Cage had to return a dinosaur skull he bought for $276,000 to the Mongolian government after finding out it was illegally taken from the country.
- Find out the English meaning of La Brea Avenue and other popular Spanish-language street names in Los Angeles.
- If you're planning on using your drones at the Rose Parade, don't. Police are asking parade-goers to leave the drones at home.
- There's a stock photo company focused on marijuana that's hosting more than your average stoner stereotype or cannabis leaves snapshots.
- Big news in the food world. Bill Chait, the founder of Sprout Restaurant Group that helms an A-list roster of restaurants like Bestia and Republique, split from the company.
- Let's talk about some serious Star Wars fans. One guy sat through nine showings of The Force Awakens, clocking in a total of 46 hours at a theater.
- Actor Brooke McCarter (aka Paul from The Lost Boys) died at the age of 52 today.
- We're loving these famous album covers recreated in Star Wars themes. The swimming baby on the Nirvana Nevermind cover replaced with Yoda is a nice touch.
- If you're a fan of the crazy art and furniture behind Pee-Wee's Playhouse, you can see the artists behind the epic TV show give a talk about their wild work at USC next month.
- And finally, here's a Pomeranian who knows the best way to escape:
LOL ! ! ! OWNERS MADE IT TO KEEP ME INSIDE...Posted by Best animal videos on Sunday, December 20, 2015