Man Huffing Propane Sets Off An Explosion By Plugging In His Cell Phone

At around 12:25 a.m. on Tuesday, a man trying to get high off of propane caused an explosion behind a house in North Hollywood.

The man had a propane tank in his pickup truck and was trying to get high off of the fumes. According to the City News Service the explosion happened in the 11300 block of Miranda Street and shattered windows and prompted a visit from the Bomb Squad.

Sargent Mike Kammert of the LAPD's North Hollywood station told CNS that the explosion occurred inside the cab of the pickup truck which blew the roof off. The propane tank was inside the cab and not in the bed.

According to the L.A. Times, the explosion was caused when the man tried to plug in his cellphone charger.

The suffered burns on his arms and walked to the North Hollywood station to report his adventures. He was not arrested and declined medical attention. The investigation is ongoing.