This morning's sunrise | Photo by Tom Andrews/LAist (thanks for all your work over the years, Tom!)
- Prop 23 was defeated in Tuesday's election, but Prop 26 won. NBC says that means polluters still win.
- Jessica's Law, which restricts where sex offenders can live in relation to parks and schools has been struck down by a L.A. County Superior Court judge, but the state plans to fight the ruling.
- L.A. County Sheriff's will get a new headquarters when the shuttered Hall of Justice reopens in downtown.
- That official portrait of Jerry Brown from his first Governorship is back in the news again.
- Looking for a job in journalism? blogdowntown is looking for someone to be the site and paper's Editor. Good luck!
- It's apparently a dangerous job caring for the Watts Tower.
- Who's going to take over the LADOT? Rumor is it will be one of two Assistant General Managers: Amir Sedadi or John Fisher.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter (and on new accounts @LAistFood and @LAistSports!), Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.