- NPR takes a look at the rebirth of David Alfaro Siqueiros' controversial "America Tropical" mural at Olvera Street.
- In Orange County: An Irvine drugmaker says Botox is a great cure for migraine headaches.
- If Metro digs a tunnel to extend the 710 Freeway, how much will it cost? Opponents say past estimates have been so wildly variable, that they are invalid.
- The city of Bell scandal bite of the day: an initiative to recall three city councilmembers has qualified for the March ballot.
- Say it ain't so: "Paul, the World Cup predicting octopus, dies."
- Talk about a job change! He went from working at L.A. County's public transit agency Metro to helping run a self-proclaimed country in Africa.
- A small brush fire prompted the evacuation of an elementary school in Castaic this afternoon. A firefighter was injured.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter (and on new accounts @LAistFood and @LAistSports!), Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.