Lower and Upper Grand Avenue in downtown L.A. | Photo by jimmay bones via LAist Featured Photos on Flickr
- This is not local to L.A., but the universe! NASA astronaut Doug Wheelock used Foursquare to check into the international space station. It unlocked a new badge: the "“NASA Explorer."
- "California's unemployment rate stayed put last month, remaining at 12.4 percent and hinting at some stability after the state has endured a brutal run of job losses since 2009."
- Ha! Village Voice's Best of NYC issue shows a photo taken in... downtown Los Angeles.
- 10 students at a Torrance high school were burned today when a cooking device exploded.
- Well, here's a headline for you San Gabriel Valley readers: "Alhambra City Councilwoman Messina, Who Paid $20,000 Under The Table To Smear Her Opponent In 2006, Now Runs Unopposed — Along With Rest Of City Council"
- The latest on Pasadena's historic Hotel Constance, which includes renovation and possibly reopening the 1926 hotel.
- Check your Raisinets! Nestle has recalled certain bags of the snack.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.