Photo Essay: An Afternoon at the 2010 LA County Fair
The LA County Fair ends this Sunday, and the above photos are just a taste of this year's attractions. If you're headed to the Pomona Fairplex, keep in mind that it can get pretty hot, so be sure to pack some sunscreen and keep hydrated.
When temperatures do get too high, there's plenty to do inside where it's a little cooler. Here's just a handful of indoor options:
● Explore the Fine Arts Building's exhibit called "From the Industrial Age to the Computer Age: Three Centuries of Artistic Innovation". Then visit with local artists and perhaps even buy a piece of art.
● With more than 600 vendors, there's some good shopping to be had.
● For an additional $7 (or $5 online), check out "Our Body: The Universe Within", which gives "a true look at the inner workings of the extraordinary human body."
● Treat children to an afternoon in The Enchanted Forest.
● Get to know some dinosaurs in Jurassic Planet.
● Say "hi" to some friendly animals at Fairview Farms.
● Celebrate the beauty of Mexico in the Flower & Garden Pavilion.
● Your favorite indoor attraction not listed here? Please share it below!
This Friday, Oct. 1, is the last chance to get free admission to the 2010 Fair by donating five cans of Ralphs-brand food. All donations will benefit the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank. This year, they're trying to break 2009's record by collecting 60,000 cans. Learn more about this free offer and other admission discounts on the LA County Fair's website.