Seven Questions: Jessica Simpson, Flying High with her New Show — 'The Price of Beauty'
LAist caught up with Jessica Simpson on board a flight to LAX Her new show, "Jessica Simpson's The Price of Beauty" premieres tonight on VH-1
Today's subject is Jessica Simpson.
Jessica has recently been traveling the globe exploring the way beauty is perceived in different cultures for her new show, “Jessica Simpson's The Price of Beauty,” which premieres in just a few hours (10pm on VH1). Alongside best friends CaCee Cobb and Ken Paves, Jessica journeyed to Thailand, France, India, Uganda, Morocco, Japan and Brazil to discover what it means to be beautiful in each of these destinations. Ultimately, her nicely-delivered message seems to be that beauty is something inside of each woman.
Given that Jessica’s show had her traveling around the world, and that the only private moments this much-scrutinized A-lister gets is when she’s flying, LAist caught up with her today at 30,000 feet (using the modern miracle of Gogo Inflight Internet) as she flew back to LA in time for the premiere of her new show.
Here is the first ever Seven Questions conducted from the air, finding out what’s on Jessica Simpson’s mind as her show clears for take-off.
1) Hello Jessica in the air! Your show, "Jessica Simpson's The Price of Beauty," gave you the opportunity to travel all over the world. What can't you live without while traveling?
Creme de la Mer, The Four Agreements, My best friend Ken, cheese and red wine!
2) Through the use of GoGo Inflight (@gogoinflight) we're doing this interview while you're flying. Aside from doing this interview with us, what else will you be checking out online during your flight?
Obviously @twitter right now!!
3) How long of a process was making this show and how much research went into it? How did you decide which destinations you were going to go to?
Almost four months, began in August- sometimes 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off.
Research?? My friend GOOGLE!
4) What surprised you the most while filming the show? What do you think audience members will be most surprised by with the show?
I was in a vulnerable place, searching for comfort within myself, I learned I am like no one else.
5) What did the show teach you about your self-image and beauty?
No matter what anyone else thinks or has to say, I am just me.
I know you're flying with best friend/hair stylist and co-star Ken Paves. I'd also like to know what he learned about beauty from working on this show?
That getting waxed in Brazil hurts like a bitch!!! says Ken
6) How has what you've learned and seen while working on this show changed you as a musician?
7) What did you miss most about being home in LA while traveling around the world?
I missed my gigantic Ralph Lauren sleigh bed and Frette linens!
What did you miss the least?