"Family Affair Jump", by Lush.i.ous via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr
- Schwarzenegger got smacked upside the head during this morning's Meet the Press. "If you were the CEO of a public company, the board would probably say, 'It is time to go,' " host Tom Brokaw said. "Are you always this positive?" Schwarzenegger retorted, before blaming it all on Washington, D.C. Are you always this short-sighted?
- Mayor Tony reflected on his first three years in office to the dean of City Hall reporters, the Daily News's Rick Orlov. Villaraigosa's conclusion: "Los Angeles is a tough city to govern and even tougher to get credit for accomplishments." Damn you voters for not giving credit where credit is due.
- Two shootings last night in East L.A. might be gang related, police said.
- Is Will Smith an educational pioneer or budding cult leader? We will soon found out after his Calabasas financed school opens Sept. 3 with teachers versed in the teachings of Scientology.
- No, those aren't patients escaping from Westwood, that's the UCLA Medical Center moving its operations across the street. All is going according to plan, a spokesman said. Which, I suppose, means no gangster transplants.
- West Covina officials are on the lookout today for Moe, a chimp that escaped from the friendly confines of a couple who had raised him at home for more than 30 years before he was placed in an animal preserve. I'm sure he just misses home cooking.
- Gas prices dropped two cents. Is that enough for you?
- Yesterday, the Dodgers got no hits and won. Today, they got three, and lost. I love baseball.