"Celestial Offering," by rink rat via LAist Featured Photos Pool on Flickr
- Did you hear the news? The Saudis are going to open up their oil spigot for little ol' America. That could be good news, but it hasn't yet driven down gas prices, especially here in L.A., home to the country's highest priced gas. A gallonn of regular is now $4.59.
- From the suffering for your art department: A tagger was hurt Saturday night after apparently falling from a freeway overpass he had just been spray painting.
- If a group of whales is called a pod, what do you call a group of surfers? If they are in Malibu, you call them mad. A group of beer-toting surfers at Paradise Cove today whopped some Paparazzo ass who were trying to get a shot of Matthew McConaughey.
- Blog Downtown's Eric Richardson asks, What happened to Downtown's alleys and are film companies getting preferential treatment in the city center?
- Looks like Mayor Tony hasn't completely forgotten about Los Angeles. Amid a flurry of national and international travel spots, he found time to support a plan that would purify our sewage and wastewater and return it to the drinking-water supply. As the region bakes under extreme heat and after a drought was declared earlier this month by Governator Arnold, the plan might get be gaining traction.
- Oh, and, that heat may be tapering off. Could be in the 80's this week.
- The heat brings with it certain fears, like concerns that a fire could break out at any time in the hills or adjacent communities. So far, Southern California has been relatively unscathed, which is more than I can say for Northern California. More than 500 fires have charred regions near Napa and Solano counties after a lighting spark ignited the flames.