Extra, Extra: It's your fault!
- Supervisor Michael Antonovich, fresh off Tuesday's primary win, questioned why the Grand Avenue Project — a proposed shopping center and hotel in Downtown — is taking so damn long. He wants to send the project out for bid again.
- Not so fast, gay couples. Kern County will stop performing gay marriage ceremonies because the region's clerk supposedly objects to the idea, though cited financial reasons for not continuing the practice legalized by the California Supreme Court last month.
- Bad for so many reasons: the body of a 30-something Latino man who had been beaten to death was found in a trash bag in Sun Valley Saturday.
- The plunging stock market and mushrooming gas prices may be hard for some. But that won't stop some Lakers fans from shelling out the dough to support the purple and gold.
- Speaking of the economy, many immigrants are eschewing the not so rich U.S. because of the downturn in jobs and housing. It's the immigrants fault!
- Wait, no. It's the writer's fault. Their strike cost the state millions. Hope you're happy.
- I know one person who isn't happy. There is more bad news for Rep. Laura Richardson who foreclosed on her homes last month and is now late on car bills. Being in Congress just doesn't pay what it used to.
- Listen, I know it's not an L.A. story but dead last? Maybe that's what they should rename Big Brown after the favorite to bring home horse racing's triple crown lost to every other horse in Saturday's Belmont Stakes.