Extra, Extra: Remember
- With one day before Memorial Day, a holiday traditionally devoted to BBQ's and beer drinking, it's worth remembering those who did not make it back from Iraq, Afghanistan and other wars. The LA Times devoted some ink to California's war dead today, online and in print.
- Remember the geese! A proposal to retool the 405/101 interchange has been questioned by environmentalists who fear that a resting spot for Canadian Geese would be disturbed by the construction.
- Whet your appetite for tonight's Laker game with this old Kobe video (unearthed by LA Observed) where the MVP waxes philosophical (I think) in Italian.
- Dick Martin, half of that wacky 60's comedy Laugh-In duo, died Saturday in Santa Monica as a result of respiratory complications. Laugh-In was pretty revolutionary for its time in rewriting the rule book for comedy/variety shows. He was 86.
- The 101 freeway has been reopened following a lengthy delay after a man with a shotgun fired several shots in a nearby condo in Woodland Hills. The SWAT team was called in to arrest the man, which they did. God bless the 2nd Amendment.
- More fun with guns: A man responsible for firing shots from a Downtown hotel is in custody today, a day after pelting the street with sniper fire. No one was injured and a search of his residence turned up a slew of non-lethal weapons.
- A Westchester Trader Joe's was robbed at gunpoint by four youngens. Reports that the robbers used reusable cloth bags to cart away their loot have not been substantiated.