Week Around the Ists
- SFist reported on this week's California State Supreme Court's ruling that overturned the ban on same-sex marriage.
- Londonist noted that Boris Johnson – the city's brand-new mayor – continues to polarize opinion, even when announcing obviously good news. Is he a genuine change for the better, or is he just taking credit for his predecessor's ground-work?
- Philllyist did some celebrity stalking on the set of Owen Wilson's latest, Marley and Me.
- LAist covered Before Bike to Work Week, when cyclists and roller bladers took to LA freeways. During Bike to Work Week, a bus driver also tried to hit a cyclist.
- Gothamist wonders if one of the signs of the Brooklyn apocalypse is MTV's The Real World coming to the borough.
- Bostonist went to the new Apple Store and all we got was a tastefully boxed t-shirt—plus some attention from Wired.
- Torontoist critiqued its major art gallery's new logo by means of satirizing the creative process behind it.
- Shanghaiist live-blogged the Great Sichuan Earthquake in central China which has killed 30,000 people so far and injured 200,000. More earthquake updates here.