Week Around the Ists
- Bostonist went to ROFLCon, a semi-academic conference about the internet and its enthusiasms, and ended up with a Brawndo hangover.
- Seattlest opened the floor to a few local hip-hop artists who were stirring about Reverend Wright’s controversial comments.
- Gothamist was amazed to hear that an NYU student decided to eat a muffin found in a classroom—only for the muffin to be filled with razors, leftover from a different professor's class ("ideas in absurdism and randomness," etc.). Well, if you're spending nearly $50,000/year tuition, you've got to learn some lessons.
- Shanghaiist was tickled by a Durex report that claims most Chinese have sex every week, but few of them actually go all the way.
- Torontoist found some ISBN graffiti on a local bridge for Henry David Thoreau's Walden; Or, Life in the Woods.
- SFist attended the annual San Francisco International Film Festival.
- Phillyist visited a new, um, cabaret. And loved the scallops.
- Los Angeles, every music act comes through town. But what if they made LAist's top ten most annoying singers list?