"I want a lover, I don't have to love...", by Lush.i.ous via LAist Featured Photos Pool on Flickr.
- Is that a helicopter in your backyard or are you just...An LAPD copter was forced to make an emergency landing in WeHo today on San Vicente after the pilot noticed the emergency lights flashing.
- With Earth Day just around the corner, the New York Times checks in with environmentalist and former Science Guy Bill Nye. Nye, who lives in L.A., six miles from Bob Hope Airport, talks about his solar panels, his lettuce patch and love of swing dancing.
- Fun with alliteration: eminent domain battles are brewing in Baldwin Hills.
- An 82-year-old former doctor was beaten and his Studio City home was ransacked today after a robber hit him in the head with a bottle and tied him to a chair. A man in his 30s walked up to the man, who was sitting outside his home, asked for directions, and then forced his way into the home. The man was transported to a Burbank hospital and the suspect is still at large.
- Ever wondered what it's like to ride a bike on the freeway in Los Angeles? If you don't have a death wish, you can live vicariously through these guys.
- Fear not, ye television patron who can't find anything good on any of the 234 channels you have. Viacom and five Hollywood studios are joining forces to create a television channel and video-on-demand service which will combine movies and television series from Paramount, Paramount Vantage, MGM, United Artists and Lionsgate.