Downtown Los Angeles, by kpe II via LAist Featured Photos Pool on Flickr.
- Hey, who's ready for another strike? The actors might be after the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists voted to split with the Screen Actors Guild, heightening fears that Hollywood may be in for another work stoppage. The last one cost Los Angeles County more than $1 billion. Time to switch from Whole Foods to Trader Joes, actors.
- OK, so the Dodgers lost last night, but the experience was pretty frickin' awesome. If you were not one of the 100 grand lucky enough to attend, read some prose from DodgerThoughts and view some of the sights from what was a very special day and night. But, it wasn't all pretty, the Daily News found.
- Guess who does not like Sam Zell. I'll give you a hint: most people.
- Former Laker, et al, Isaiah Rider was arrested Saturday and released Sunday for driving an allegedly stolen vehicle. This follows a string of arrests for the former basketball star who told courts that his life had spun out of control.
- A mom who stands accused of driving her son and a car full of other gang members to kill a 13-year-old will be tried for murder and could face the death penalty. Police say the mother plotted the attack.
- "There’s a crisis in L.A. city hall," City Councilman Dennis Zine said to LA City Beat about the city's financial deficit. By July 4, Los Angeles could be in a $400 million hole. Better get used to those potholes.
- Shoving matches, tense confrontations and police back-up have characterized a terse and ongoing battle for the state of Texas. First Clinton won the primary, then Obama won the caucus. Now no one is sure who should get all those extra delegates.