Week Around the -Ists
- LAist listed a top ten list of sorts: things they hope not to see in Los Angeles in 2008. (one example, pictured above).
- Shanghaiist was surprised to learn that "godless," "atheist," and "commie" China is soon going to be the world's largest supplier of Bibles!
- Torontoist picked some of their favorite photos of 2007.
- Londonist was relieved to hear the fire at the Royal Marsden hospital didn't harm any of the patients even though it was a pretty big blaze.
- Phillyist resolves to be better in 2008.
- Gothamist marveled at a lawsuit from a nightclub patron who was beaten up by bouncers over a questionable bill.
- Bostonist has a word of advice for all ballplayers—look up the name of the drink in Urban Dictionary before you endorse it, OK? Red Sox first baseman Kevin Youkilis has signed up to market an energy drink entitled the "SlumpBuster."
- Austinist has your SXSW 2008 news and rumor updates.
- Chicagoist breathed easier after smoking was banned from any and all indoor spaces in 2008.
- SFist witnessed a mighty storm - well, mighty for Californians, that is - blow through the Bay Area.
- Seattlest saw controversy about Starbuck's new Skinny Latte grow even wider.
- Houstonist chats with a College Cheerleader of the Year candidate.
- DCist reads about Ruben Castaneda, a crack addict and Post Metro correspondent.
Photo Credit: Malingering