Week Around the -Ists
- Torontoist discovered their city's most ridiculous holiday lights setup, with 80,000 lights and two––two!––synchronized music routines. Naturally, they snagged a video.
- Chicago tragically loses one of its most recognizable neighborhood icons, the pigeon man of Lincoln Square.
- LAPD leaves body in car at crash scene, then tows it.
- Massachusetts plus mullet equals PR mayhem.
- Londonist sleeps in a Haunted plague pit.
- UC Berkeley students strip naked and race through campus, NSFW floppiness ensues.
- Phillyist continued counting down to 2008 this week with a mind-boggling list of 2007's most ridiculous local news stories.
- A towering bench mysteriously appears in Manhattan and New York City officials are baffled.
- Live the sweet life, if you can afford it, in Seattle's historic "grunge" district.
- Houstinist talks with playwright Crystal Jackson.
- The top 15 records of 2007 as chosen by Austinist.
- Just like the states, the District of Columbia will receive its own shiny quarter.
- Adidas Olympics ad makes big splash with Chinese folks...literally.
Photo by Daniel Kahn.